Ok, so I think we've only made it to the beach once a year since we've been in Washington, so I'm assuming we won't be going again til next year. I guess if we have any more 100+ degree weather, we may. But it's been pretty chilly here lately, so I'm not countin' on it.
On one of the record-breaking hottest days here, Jeremy "took the day off" & we went to the beach. We got out of the house around 10, but had to stop to buy beach toys. Walmart didn't have hardly anything, and what they did have wasn't worth the money--even at Walmart! So, we were gonna hit Target, but realized there's a Toys R Us right next to it, & KNEW they'd have plenty of options, so we hit the jackpot there. Off to Cannon Beach we went (I think that's where we were going...my mind just went blank). As we pull into town, it's foggy & chilly; and I'm suddenly not too excited to be out on the beach. And we were behind a long line of cars trying to find a parking spot.
We drove around for a few minutes, realized we'd probably have to walk quite a ways if we DID find a parking spot. So we decided to go to Sunset Beach, one that you can drive onto. We got there, drove pretty much to the same spot where the Aston Reunion was last year, & the kids were SO excited.
We pulled out lunch to eat real quick before we got all sandy, but Andra decided to forego food & went straight to playing with the new toys, which now included sand. Drisan soon joined her.
(That's mostly lunch on his face. Not much sand at this point.)
(There's always work to be done. Thank goodness for cellphones & flexibility!!!)
Even though it was MUCH warmer at Sunset Beach than Cannon, it was still foggy. At one point, it was hard to see the ocean from our car!

After face-planting. WOOPS!

The kids were hilarious!!! And of course as I get the camera rollin', they stop what I was wanting to record. Oh well. I'll try to describe it, and since I hardly ever put video on here, "you git what you git & you don't throw a fit!":
Andra was "falling" into the pile of dirt, but putting her hands down to catch herself. Drisan tried to copy her, but would put his forehead in the dirt. He did that a few times, and then even put his whole face down.
Digging in some soft sand sounds like lots of fun. All as I know is that the beach you went to is way different than the ones we have around here.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a good time was had by all. We're having another heat wave, so are you going back? Take me! Those two kids are so adorable.
ReplyDelete